Friday, March 30, 2012

Goals for April

March has almost come to an end and though this last week has not turned out as I had hoped, clean eating has definitely changed the way that I approach food. My diet has not changed radically. I was already eating fairly healthy foods. As I have been a vegetarian for 18 years, I already eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. However, I have swapped all butter for olive oil, all pastas for whole grain, and regular store bought peanut butter for natural and freshly ground nut butters.

With the end of March around the corner, I'm looking back at what I have achieved. I achieved an appreciation for both clean eating and weight training. I am starting to develop some definition in my arms that I haven't seen in a while and I've lost all of the baby weight and then some. Despite having been sick every day this week, I have had energy to play with the kids and enjoy myself. I am learning to listen to my body and I am learning to learn from my mistakes.

When March ends, new goals begin. They are as follows:
  • Continue clean eating
  • Continue weight training
  • Lose eight pounds
  • Lose one inch off my waistline
  • Begin 1/2 marathon training
Anyone who follows the blog will know whether or not I am sticking to my goals. If I'm not, feel free to berate me for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment