Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day 12: The Weight Goes Up, The Mood Goes Down

I'm not supposed to weigh yet, but I weighed this morning and I'm up three pounds. That is not the direction I was hoping for. It could be a natural weight fluctuation, but I think it's more my body's response to some poor eating choices. Too many snacks, even though they're clean, can lead to weight gain. Duh. So, I need to tighten up my diet and be a little more mindful of how many almonds I'm eating with my snacks, of how much peanut butter I'm spreading on my sprouted bread, and also I need to cut out my cheats entirely. A couple of slices of thin crust vegetarian pizza is not going to hurt me, but it's not my clean diet and I need to adhere to the rules I've set for myself.

Last night's dinner was pan seared artichokes and dates, sprouted bread with peanut butter, and peas. It doesn't sound good, I know. It sounds bland and kind of gross even. Even to me as I was making it I thought it sounded gross. But it was really good. I could see myself repeating that meal some day.

Today I get to go to the gym. Yay! I'm very excited to get in a nice, long hour of cardio. Yesterday I did all of my exercises for the day plus the ones I'd missed on the weekend. No real cardio, but I did walk a little extra and did yardwork for an hour after picking my son up from school. Heart rate was not elevated but at least my body was moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment