Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day 14: Hiccups Along the Way

I have good and bad days. It's been two weeks eating clean and I've cheated more often than not. However, I have to remind myself that transformation is not an end in itself; it is a process. Or something deep like that or whatever. You know what I mean. I'm a work in progress and I'm not giving up on me.

I'm also not giving up on clean eating. I originally have said that this would be a one month trial, but I see now it is going to take more than one month to really get the hang of it. I really have to be serious and stick with it for a few weeks to see any real results. And though I say that I've "cheated," I have mostly eaten clean and I do think that this is what it's all about. I can have setbacks and not be a failure. I can eat a slice or two of pizza and not be a junk food junkie. Most days, most meals are clean and that is awesome. I'm proud of me.

Yes, if you haven't noticed, I'm trying to use positive language to reinforce my whatever. Is it working?

So, yesterday was a good day I guess. I did eat a cookie. Girl Scouts are the devil. But I also had some really good food. I made my own spicy, chunky tomato sauce last night for my whole wheat pasta and it was killer, I have to say. The rest of the family opted for the regular, bland pasta sauce from a jar. Whatever. More for me.

Today is going to be a challenge. I am about to head into the kitchen and make a buttload of sugar cookies for my son's class St. Patrick's Day party. I'm sort of tempted to try to make a regular batch for them meanwhile attempting a "clean" batch for at home, but I think I'm better off with no extra cookies. The Thin Mints are dangerous enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment