Monday, March 5, 2012

Days 3 and 4: Vacation Mini-Disaster

I traveled out of town over the weekend as part of my son's birthday celebration. Clean eating went right out the window. I didn't eat horribly, but I didn't do well either. I can't resist chocolate. I just can't do it, so I'm going to have to find a way to incorporate it. That means another trip to the natural grocery store for organic cocoa and a serious revamp of some of my favorite recipes.

Speaking of the natural grocery store, I took a trip there yesterday and loaded up on foods that will fit in my clean eating diet. I finally have healthy food in the house! That's not really fair to say - I have always had healthy food in the house. Now I just have a lot more of it and a definite determination to eat clean and feel great. I purchased tofu, which I then sliced, seasoned, and baked to create my own non-meat lunch meat style thingie things for lunch today. Yes, I'm a professional writer. I also bought whole wheat pasta, brown rice, fresh vegetables and fruit, natural peanut butter, and several other supplies that will help me to eat in a clean way.

Last night's meal:
I made roasted kale, tofu topped with fresh salsa, sprouted whole wheat bread, and whipped sweet potatoes. It was actually not that good. The tofu was tasty, but the kale... I've done better.

No comments:

Post a Comment