Friday, March 9, 2012

Day 8: What Day Is It?

I had a nice, clean Wednesday. Except it was Thursday. I've been a day off all week. I don't know. So today, to me, is Thursday, but it's actually Friday. It's confusing to be in my head.

Breakfast was the typical sprouted bread with peanut butter and an apple. I've had the same breakfast for weeks, even before I started eating clean, and I never get tired of it. It's a weird thing to crave, but it's delicious and only 5 Weight Watchers points, plus it gets me through the morning very well. Lunch was leftovers: wholewheat pasta with tomatoes and kale and tofu strips for protein. Dinner, however, was something special. I decided to try my creative hand at building a butternut squash couscous dish and it was, to put it lightly, to die. I put together organic wholewheat couscous, butternut squash, and cinnamon, but what made it really special was the right amount of thyme and cracked black pepper. The entire family, including the finicky kids, loved it. I loved that I made something delicious and extremely healthy for my family. My husband even said that I could serve it every night and he would be happy. I probably won't do that, but I definitely will start putting some recipes up here if I continue with this success.

So, along with the butternut squash couscous dish, I also had sprouted wholewheat bread, roasted brussels sprouts, and organic soy milk. I usually drink water with dinner, but I saw the organic soy milk on sale and thought that I would give it a try. It was actually quite tasty, though I don't like drinking calories. It seems like such a waste.

Exercise didn't go as well as I would have liked yesterday. I succeeded in completing my Oxygen magazine leg and back routines, but the cardio just didn't happen. I did walk the two mile round trip to my son's school, but that hardly counts as cardio since I was pushing the massive sit-n-stand stroller. I had hoped I would get the baby to sleep last night and then could do my cardio after she went to bed. Unfortunately, I laid down with her and only woke up about an hour ago. At least I got some sleep! Also, I'm allowed three rest days per week, according to the schedule I am following, so I guess I used one of them yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment