Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 5: Giving Up Sugar is Probably Not Going to Happen

I'd like to say that clean eating took a holiday, but the fact is, it hasn't really started in full force yet despite my resolution to take on the new lifestyle. I did well yesterday. Breakfast was peanut butter with flax seed on sprouted bread and an apple. Lunch was tofu strips, dried cranberries, fat free cottage cheese, and more sprouted bread with natural peanut butter. Dinner was a mini-disaster. My husband, noticing how exhausted I was from my nights of no sleep due to the baby, offered to take care of dinner. Now, this is something I just don't say no to. He showed up with a fresh fruit salad; a bag of fresh, cut vegetables; and pizza. I had one slice of pizza - not the end of the world - but it definitely wasn't clean. Yummy, but not clean.

So do I start over again today? Of course. Do I resolve that last night's pizza was my last pizza until April 5? Yes. Will I make more mistakes along the way? Probably.

I also received my latest issue of Oxygen magazine - actually my first since I subscribed. I've already been challenged to totally give up sugar. So here's my next plan - eating clean, no sugar. Yikes! I'm scared of failure but I'm so excited at the prospect of success.

No comments:

Post a Comment