Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 13: Green Fries and Cupcakes

I tried two new, clean recipes yesterday. One was a brilliant success, the other, not so much.

'Green Fries' was a recipe in a cookbook I checked out from the library. It consists of fried green beans and salt. Not a lot to it, and I don't see how it's healthy to fry foods even when they're cooked in olive oil, but I made it. The kids loved it, the husband ate it, and I found it to be a nice alternative to french fries. However, we seldom have french fries, so we didn't really need the alternative. It was a really good way to get the kids to eat their vegetables though.

''Cake' in a Cup' was a recipe in Oxygen magazine. I've made the microwave 'cup'cake before, no big there, but this one was flourless and sugarless and supposedly just as good. I'm in a very 'I need chocolate' kind of place right now, so I gave it a shot. No. Just no. I couldn't even gag down one bite. It was a definite fail.

My clean eating plan was fine yesterday. Greek yogurt sprinkled with fiber one cereal for breakfast and a big salad with cranberries and almonds for lunch. Dinner was the aforementioned green fries, more almonds, and rice. I kept snacks to a minimum, but I did cave and eat a couple of Thin Mints last night. I needed my chocolate fix and I am only human after all.

I also made it to the gym yesterday. I killed it on the step climber and managed 30 chinups. Dude, they're assisted, they're not all me, and they're still super hard. I'm working my way, slowly but surely, up to being able to do them unassisted. The lower the level, the less assistance you get. I did the bulk of my chinups on level 9, but I managed to get some in on levels 8 and 7. Next time, I plan on doing 1/2 on 9 and 1/2 on 8, then a few on 7. Fascinating, I know.

In other news, our seedlings are already starting to grow! It's very exciting. They weren't supposed to start appearing until Saturday, yet here they are. Clean eating will be so much easier if I'm growing my own veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment