Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day 9: Cardio with Kids

The biggest problem I'm having right now is with time management. I need to be doing cardio several times per week, but unless I am at the gym, I can't manage to work it in. The rare times that the baby actually sleeps are reserved for work. I can't concentrate on writing assignments with little voices yelling at me! And because she is sleeping so very rarely these days, I am barely managing to finish the assignments I have, much less all of the other things I have going on in my life, including cardio.

People tell me to use the jogging stroller. She falls asleep in the stroller, then won't take her regular nap. That does not work. I'm open to other suggestions. And, FYI, for those who don't know, my husband and I share a car. I get the car twice a week, which are the two times each week I get my cardio. I'd like to double that without having to drive a car.

On the clean eating front, yesterday went pretty well. I had whole grain cereal with organic soy milk for breakfast. Lunch was the last of my baked tofu strips, chopped veggies, and whole wheat couscous. Dinner was slightly less clean. I had a vegan boca burger on a whole wheat bun, the leftover butternut squash couscous from the night before, corn, and brown beans. My snacks were apples, whole grain crackers, and dried cranberries.

I think I could greatly improve my diet by cutting out the whole grain crackers, but I need to find another snack to take their place. I've been munching on celery this week and I find that I enjoy the taste, but mostly it is very filling. If I wash and cut up several pieces, that may serve as a good solution for me.

The weekend may be a bit of a struggle, but I'm going to attempt another trip to the natural grocers to find some good alternatives to the bad things I've grown accustomed to eating over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment