Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 6: Shilling for Naturally More

This has been a big day for me. Mentally, I think I have finally, fully embraced the idea of clean eating. I have a lot going on and a lot of things that I'm working on internally, so it's kind of a big deal.

I stopped at the library this morning to check out some more books on clean eating. I couldn't find the ones I actually wanted, so I settled for a couple of clean eating cookbooks and one of the Biggest Loser books just for kicks. I actually love the Biggest Loser, but mostly because the contestants get so happy when they lose weight and it makes me cry happy tears. It's a big, weird thing. Also, the fat people are so much bigger than me, even by the time they are finished losing weight, so in a weird way it makes me feel skinny. Like, they're working out six hours a day and they still weigh over 200 lbs? Pass the donuts, dude. But I digress.

I made it to the gym with my latest copy of Oxygen magazine in hand. Love Oxygen. Really and truly, I have never been more inspired by a stupid magazine. Actually, I have never been inspired by a stupid magazine. However, Oxygen totally does it for me. I read it at the gym and I feel like I can accomplish anything. I wish there were a way to keep that feeling going all the time. Apparently, clean eating will help me with that? I don't know, but why would I not try?

Anyway, today's foods were pretty good. I started the day with my peanut butter and flax seed on sprouted bread. Sidebar: this Naturally More stuff is insanely delicious. And I understand they have it at Walmart where it might be a lot less expensive than at Natural Grocers. [Update: Yes, they have it at Wal-Mart. No, it's not less expensive.] Snack time was about a half cup of whole grain cereal. Lunch was sliced tofu on sprouted bread, sliced cucumbers, fat free cottage cheese, and celery with more peanut butter. Next snack was an apple. This evening, I made whole wheat pasta with fresh vegetables sauteed in olive oil. It was pretty good, but 20 minutes later and I'm hungry again. I should have had protein.

In addition to eating clean, I am also doing Weight Watchers online. It's sort of a love/hate relationship I have with WW. I love that it works - it really does. I've lost all but two pounds of the baby weight I've been carting around. But I also kind of hate having to go online every time I need to log food. I plan on cancelling my membership at the end of this month and going with the handy dandy notebook for writing what I bite. Apparently, according to Robert Kennedy Publishing, I'll just be awesomely in shape from eating clean anyway and after eating clean for a month, I apparently won't want to go back to eating any other way. I don't know. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment