Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Day 20: A Blizzard in March

I haven't shared the blog with anyone yet. As far as I know, no one in the world knows that I am even keeping this blog. It's not that it's a secret, it's just that I know that I don't have any truly interesting content at this point. Right now, I am keeping this information updated for my own purposes. I am doing this so that I can look back and see what I've done right and where I've made mistakes.

Speaking of mistakes, I stopped at Dairy Queen last night. My husband has had a craving for a cookie dough blizzard for a few days now and I thought it would be nice to surprise him with one when I picked him up from work. Of course, you can't go to DQ and just buy one blizzard. That's why they're B1G1 for 99cents. I bought the mini (for both of us) and I shared mine with the two kids, which meant that I had roughly half of a mini blizzard. A whole mint oreo blizzard, size mini, is still 400 calories and 14 grams of fat. I spent all night, and I mean ALL NIGHT, beating myself up for buying and eating it. It was delicious, there is no doubt about it, but it was not at all worth the misery I put myself through afterwards. I'm not saying never again, but I am saying that it will probably be a very, very, VERY long time before I have another one.

Other than the misstep at DQ, I had a good day. I stopped at the library to pick up some more clean eating cookbooks. There were none. It's like they're hiding them from me. For lunch I had a clean egg salad on sprouted wheat bread and a green salad with dates and almonds. For dinner, I made hamburgers for the rest of the family,but a black bean burger for myself. It turned out fairly well. It was a bit on the bland side, so next time I'll try to add some shredded vegetables for a bit more flavor. I used black beans, flax seed, water, a bit of  whole wheat flour, and lots of spices. A can of black beans made four burgers, so I ate one and stored the other three. Looks like I have dinner for a few nights! It was actually not bad when I added some jalapeno sauce to it. I think with salsa it will be really tasty. I also made creamed corn and rice. Not bad, but not great either. Although, I do need to share my recipe for vegan creamed corn. It's better than canned and about a billion times healthier than the traditional kind.

Today is rest day as far as workout, but I am going to do some yoga and some core work. This is also my weigh in day, which I'll do a little bit later and report on tomorrow. I expect a loss, but probably not a lot. My size isn't awesome, but my weight is low enough now that losing even a pound is kind of a big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment