Friday, March 23, 2012

Day 22: Happy Anniversary!

Day 22 was a scheduled rest day. I had planned on doing my "rest" today and going to the gym yesterday, but my car keys had another idea. I spent the day frantically searching for the keys, getting more and more perturbed with every upturned garbage pail and emptied drawer. In the end, my husband found them underneath the baby's car seat. Don't ask.

So, instead of exercise of the regular variety yesterday, I managed to get plenty of housework style exercise by tearing the house apart all day and then putting it back together. Plus, I forgot to eat all day so there are some burned calories for you.

As it was our anniversary last night, we went out to eat. We opted for Macaroni Grill because they sent us a coupon for a free dessert. Uh oh, danger! Danger! I was actually really good. I chose the create your own pasta and had whole wheat penne, a tomato sauce, asparagus, peppers, and spinach. I had one teeny tiny corner of bread and I stopped eating at halfway finished. I let Brad decide on the dessert and he went with tiramisu. YUM! I ate less than half, and gave about half of my half to the kids. All in all, I did well and it was almost as clean as it can get with eating out.

I learned yesterday that we will be going to Florida this summer instead of Montana. I feel really sad, except without the feeling sad part. Actually, I was looking forward to the family car trip in a masochistic sort of way, but I can't deny that the Florida trip will be more my style. Husband has to work while we're there, so it's not much of a vacation for him, and for that I do feel for him. However, how that applies to clean eating is 1) I need to start thinking about clean eating options while on vacation, and 2) We're hitting the beach. Hello, gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment