Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Day 27: Still Sick

My whole theory about clean eating strengthening my defenses is completely wrong. I have been sick for three days now and I have only gotten worse. I'm really hoping today is the last day of it because this Spring Break has been one long week of various kinds of yuck emanating from my body. Stupid germs.

I did fine yesterday, except I did accidentally eat a Girl Scout cookie. By accidentally I mean that I was hungry, opened the pantry, and found that there was only one Thin Mint left. I'm only human. Meals were very clean though. I had oatmeal for breakfast - cooked in water, no sugar, and sprinkled with sugar-free, vegan chocolate chips for some flavor. It sounds gross, right? DELICIOUS. In fact, I had the exact same breakfast again this morning. Lunch was an apple and a whole wheat tortilla with freshly ground peanut butter. Dinner was home made vegan sloppy joe on whole wheat bun, roasted new potatoes with olive oil and rosemary, and a huge, heaping pile of brussel sprouts. Really, I had too many brussel sprouts. I need to cool it with the brussel sprouts.

Exercise didn't happen yesterday and I can't see it happening at all today. I did take the kids out for a bike ride and then I took them to play some tennis. It was HARD but it was worth it. We spent about 40 minutes on the courts and about an hour on the bikes, though to be fair, most of that hour was me convincing the 6 yr old to ride his bike. Sigh.

The end of the month is almost here, and it has been a successful venture into clean eating. I have new goals for the month of April and I'm very excited to get them started!

No comments:

Post a Comment