Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day 16: Sick!

I spent the entire day yesterday sick. This made clean eating difficult for a couple of reasons. First, I was nauseated and carbs were my friend all day. The other problem was that I ran out of a lot of food. No apples, no sprouted bread, no organic soy milk, etc. I had planned on going to the market, but I didn't feel up to moving from the sofa, much less walking three miles or so. Thus, I ate a small amount of food, but much of what I did eat was not on my "clean diet."

However, it did not set me off on a path of unrighteousness. Rather, I felt more affirmed in my decision to eat clean foods. Though I've said that I don't feel greatly different, I do feel very different after having eaten foods that are not clean. I felt more lethargic, more nauseated, and generally ickier after eating white flour based carbs all day long, even though they were in small quantities. Most people would probably agree that is psychosomatic. My brain is telling me that the food is bad for me, which makes my body respond thusly. Whatever the case may be, whatever is happening here, it is working.

How do I know it is working? The scale became my BFF this morning. Three days before weigh in and I popped on the scale to see what is happening. I am officially at my pre-baby weight! It's taken almost two years to get there, but I have reached my goal and I feel fantastic about it. I'm convinced that I could not have done it without clean eating. Weight Watchers gave me some wonderful tools to rediscover weight loss, but I had plateaued for quite some time until I started eating clean foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment