Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 7: Dining at Jazz

I really feel like I'm starting to get my groove on. I have only been truly eating clean for a couple of days, but this morning I awoke feeling fresh and energized. I did not crave any sweets last night, which is brand new for me. Is it a fluke? Maybe.

Last night, my husband took the family out to eat at a creole restaurant called Jazz. It is one of my favorite places. I love the excitement of it all because they don't have a vegetarian menu. Let me rephrase that. They don't have one single vegetarian item on their menu. You would think that would upset me, but I love the drama. Every time I go, I ask them just to make me some pasta dish without meat. I never know exactly what I'm going to get and it is always, always, always delicious. Last night, I made sure to ask that I had mostly veggies and a red sauce, but I left the rest up to the chef and it was to die. I also reined in my bread consumption. I can usually down a few pieces of bread spread with butter, but last night I managed to have half of one piece, no butter. Clean eating. It's what's for dinner.

A couple of days ago, I started following a couple of the workout regimen's in this month's Oxygen magazine. Yesterday, I weighed and measured myself and am now keeping a physical log of my daily exercise. Weight Watchers allows for this too, but I find that when I have to open my laptop every time I need to input some information I just don't. Having a notebook has worked for me in the past, so why won't it work for me now? So I have my little notebook. It's nothing fancy, but I can take it with me to the gym, tear out pictures from magazines to place in it for inspiration, and just generally be a great big dork about the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment