Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 19: A Need for Protein

Good day yesterday. Sprouted bread with peanut butter for breakfast, green salad for lunch, and one of the best omelets I have ever made for our brinner feast. I managed to skip the blueberry waffles that everyone else enjoyed and instead had a side of roasted cauliflower. It worked for me and the more I avoid the pre-packaged stuff, the less I want it.

I do think I'm snacking too much. I had three snacks of almonds yesterday, which is probably overdoing it. I need to find a way to sneak in some protein that I can enjoy quickly and easily but that is also low in fat and calories. I found a recipe for Protein Balls that I will try to attempt soon.

I was able to work in some cardio yesterday as well. While I was working and my brain got so tired I didn't think I would be able to write another word, I popped up and worked out to a fitness program that I had DVR'ed. It was a pretty short workout but it was definitely challenging.

I also went through my clothing yesterday and found a number of items that fit me now that wouldn't have just a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, there are many, many more that do not. The crazy thing about aging and having babies is how my body has changed so drastically. I'm at the exact weight I was three years ago, but the clothing I wore then is about two sizes too small. Some of it I may never get in again, but what matters first is being healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment