Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 21: The Payoff

I had my weigh in day yesterday and it was a good one. I am down 5.5 lbs since I began clean eating and have lost half an inch around my waist, hips, and arms. That's pretty amazing considering all of the ups and downs I've had with sticking to the clean regimen.

Yesterday was a busy day. I had the regular breakfast and lunch, which I have to say I am doing really well with. I have almost zero cravings during the day as long as I remember both protein and carbs with each meal and snack. Dinner is more of a challenge, especially on days that are rushed. Last evening, both of the kids had doctor's appointments, which led to a trip to the pharmacy, which meant a quick dinner prep. Luckily, our pharmacy is in the supermarket, so we were able to pick up some really healthy options for dinner. Well, at least I was. The boys grabbed pizza, but I filled a take out container with crunchy veggies, boiled egg slices, and cranberries so that I could have a nice, big salad (I already have a TON of mixed greens at home that we bought at Sam's and I need to use up). I also grabbed some fresh vegetables while we were there and a container of guacamole. I really stressed over the guacamole because the pre-made stuff can be so loaded with crap that all of the health benefits are erased. This was a freshly made guac, though, made without fillers.

I also managed to get in my entire workout yesterday, which was not that difficult since it was a scheduled rest day. :) Even on my rest days, I am doing abs, back, and arm workouts along with some yoga. I tried to get the baby involved with the yoga, but she got bored after the excitement of the lotus position wore off and I was on my own after that.

In other, much bigger and better news, today is my anniversary! My husband and I have been married for nine years, each one better than the last. I tried on my wedding dress yesterday and it was actually too big for me. How many people can say that they are smaller than they were on their wedding day?

No comments:

Post a Comment