Saturday, March 24, 2012

Day 23: Feeling the Benefits

Twenty-three days of clean eating and this week, for the first time, I've started to truly feel the effects. Each time that I've strayed outside of my clean eating regimen, I have felt mentally frustrated but also almost physically ill. It's getting much easier for me to say no to processed foods. In fact, ever since my run-in with the DQ blizzard, I haven't wanted anything that is not nutritionally sound. Good for me.

Of course, most of the effects that I'm feeling could be attributed to the baby sleeping more. I'm more energized, less fatigued, and more alert. But also I think I'm much healthier than I was, simply due to the fact that there have been some serious GI things going on in this house and mine lasted just a couple of days while the baby and the husband are looking at maybe a week +. I also have only had one migraine so far this month and it only lasted one day. I'm not ready to start preaching the clean eating lifestyle, but I sort of feel headed in that direction. I know that keeping it going will not be hard, I am not spending more money than I normally would on food, and I have lost weight. Where's bad?

Yesterday at lunch instead of having my standard fare I tried a spinach and tofu sandwich on naan that I bought at the Natural Grocers. It was INSANE. So yummy. It was a little too big, though. If I have one again (I will) I will probably cut it in half and have two meals. I also bought some roasted red pepper hummus, which the baby and I both loved, and purchased the ingredients to make the peanut butter protein balls I blogged about a few days ago. I'm excited to give them a shot.

Exercise was good yesterday, though not perfect. Time is not always on my side. I missed out on about half of my cardio that was scheduled, mainly because I did a double weights routine. This morning, I am going to hit the gym for a good hour and a half. I need to put in an hour of cardio and some weights. Hopefully my husband will be up to watching the kids, but if not I can always take them with me. I'd rather not because I don't want to feel rushed, but whatever happens will be fine.

Lastly, I started putting all of my magazine clippings into a binder. This is much better for organization than having the clippings folded and stuck in a notebook as they were, but I'm not sure how useful it is to take with me to the gym. I looked around for a smaller binder, but many of the clippings I have are full pages - and several are front and back. The best solution I've come up with is to keep the binder in my bag and pull it out for reference instead of trying to read from it while I'm on a machine. I also have a rule that I'm only allowed to read from my magazines while I'm working out - and with Oxygen, I often start over from the beginning each time. It's such a motivational magazine that I get something out of it every time read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment