Monday, April 23, 2012

Slimdown!

I have not been eating clean or healthy or even good at all for the last few days and it is mostly due to the citywide challenge that I am taking part in. I wanted to start at a heavier weight so that I would have more to take off - not a ridiculously heavy weight - just a few extra pounds of padding. The other reason I have been letting it all go is because I wanted it out of my system - and out of my system it has gotten. I have no craving for sugary sweets, ice cream, donuts, french fries - nothing. I'm ready and determined to take off those extra pounds I added and then some. And then a lot more.

Today I weigh in and then I kick off the Slimdown with a reduced calorie, totally clean diet and 90 minutes of workouts each day. My goal is to lose the first 9 pounds in a week and a half, and then 1-2 pounds per week for the rest of the summer. I'll gradually add calories each week, depending upon how the weight loss is progressing.

I was kind of bummed out to learn that the grand prize is tickets to the MU football game. I care very little about MU and far less than that about football. However, I do understand that in a town like this, that is a very big deal. I don't really care what the prize is, I care that I win. That is all. And if I don't win, a team mate of mine is going to.

I met with my team members last week and I am really excited about the group that we have. Three of my team members are people who I have known for years, one someone who I have only spoken with casually, and one is someone who I met for the first time on Thursday. I am totally one to jump to rash conclusions and to judge people immediately, so I am able to say that after very little thought and conversation, I believe our group is the best group of all the groups in the slimdown. Of course, I don't know any of the other groups, nor do I care to, because they are all going down! Actually, that's not even true. I really hope that every single person who joins this challenge does well because the ultimate goal is to lose weight and to get healthy, and even if I don't win the ultimate prize (which I'm going to, GO TEAM!), I'm still going to lose the weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment