Saturday, April 14, 2012

Cheat Meal

I am allowing myself one cheat meal per week on my clean eating plan. I took that cheat meal last night when I ordered a pizza. I ordered thin crust, light cheese, light sauce, and lots of vegetables. It's still not "clean," but probably the healthiest take out pizza I could get for free. It wasn't really worth it. Without all the cheese and sauce, pizza isn't really that good.

I also tried a Cadbury Egg that has been sitting around for a couple of weeks. I took a bite and surprised myself by not really caring for the taste. I even took a second bite to make sure, and yes, it was gross. The kids each had a taste or two of it, then we threw the rest out. I used to love Cadbury Eggs, but after going a couple of weeks completely sugar free, and a month before that mostly sugar free, it really didn't taste good at all. I'm sort of frustrated with myself because I really didn't enjoy the food and yet I wasted my cheat meal. I could have had ice cream or a beer or, you know, whatever. At least now I know.

The water challenge is not going well. I am forcing myself to drink loads of water and thus far I do not feel better at all. Mostly I just feel bloated.

No comments:

Post a Comment