Saturday, April 7, 2012

Clean Challenge: Day 6 of 10

I have nothing witty or interesting to say. I'm just reporting my stats from yesterday because that's my thang.

No workout to note. I started, but I fizzled. I have to blame baby. She's not slept well the last two nights and I was going on something like six hours of sleep in the last 72 hours. I literally fell asleep once on the sofa and once draped over the stroller. I did do all of my workout from yesterday this morning, though.

Food was good yesterday. I had oatmeal for breakfast, a black bean burrito and jalapeno hummus for lunch, and for dinner I made sauteed tempeh, Peruvian purple fingerlings, butternut squash seasoned with agave nectar, and starfruit. It was quite the lovely plate and too bad I didn't have the drive to snap a photo of it because it was something to be proud of.

I've put together a team for the Columbia Slimdown Challenge, which starts on May 1. It's a  city wide contest to see who can lose the most weight. From what I can tell, none of the ladies on my team have a lot of weight to lose, which means winning is unlikely, but it's still a great motivator to get in excellent shape. I have told the girls that I would host a girl's night out or do gift bags or something if we all reach our goal weights as a way to keep us accountable to each other. I'm excited for it to start, though I do plan to continue working out and eating well until then. I may be down a few pounds by the time the actual challenge begins, but I'll always have plenty more weight to lose.

Speaking of weight to lose, husband and I are planning on purchasing our beach vacation this week sometime. As if I needed more motivation to be bikini ready, there it is! All signs are pointing to this being a buff summer, if only I could get my flab to agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment