Friday, April 27, 2012

Really Boring Food Talk

Breakfast: Oatmeal with ground peanut butter and coconut sugar
Lunch: 1/2 of a Subway sandwich with vegetables - no cheese or dressing, apple
Dinner: Whole wheat pasta w/ plain sauce, Ezekiel bread, asparagus
Snacks: almonds, apple

If you look at my diet, it seems pretty healthy, right? There are no over-indulgences, no bad choices, and this is pretty typical of the way I eat in a day. I'm really pretty satisfied with my food choices and I think that, for the most part, I don't do poorly.

Why then, do I constantly feel the need to shake things up? It's an eating disorder of the non-fatal, pretty boring variety. As long as I avoid sweets, I stay well within my daily calorie range and as long as I include some protein and carbs, my energy level stays up. Clean eating is so easy for me now. In fact, it's too easy. I feel like I'm doing something wrong!

I need to continue to improve with my exercise efforts. I'm doing fine, but I need to ramp that up - I need to go from "fine" to awesome! I'm hitting the gym today and, in about two weeks, I'll be able to go every day if I want to because I'll have regular access to the car. Then I have all summer to decide if I'm going to cancel my gym membership, join the gym that's within walking distance but doesn't have childcare, or if I stick with the one that makes me angry on a regular basis.

Yep, that's it. As I said - this is really boring food talk. Nothing exciting. Move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment