Monday, April 2, 2012

6 Moves for a 6 Pack

My dear friend, Oxygen Magazine, has promised me that in four weeks, I can have bikini ready abs. Okay, Oxygen, I'm ready to call your bluff. 6 Moves for a 6 Pack is a routine that looks difficult but not impossible by any stretch of the imagination as I've already been loosely following a different ab routine already. The routine does mention that in order to be successful, one must eat clean and take part in regular cardio exercises.

Frequent cardio is not going to be a problem at all anymore, now that I'm dedicated to a race. My husband and I worked out a plan that will allow me to go for runs twice a week and hit the gym twice a week, so my time management is less of an issue.

Eating clean is, of course, a challenge some days. However, I have embarked upon a 10 day quest. For 10 days (starting yesterday) no cheats, nothing "unclean." I had my first big test last night when I sent the husband out for pizza. I reminded him, before he left, not to get a pizza for me (we usually get one vegetarian for me and one with as many dead animals as possible for the rest of the family). He asked what he should pick up for me and I replied with, "Nothing." I had some leftover vegetarian sloppy joe on sprouted wheat bread and a stalk of celery. Yummy. I don't mean that sarcastically, it was actually really god.

Also really good are Larabars. I could live off of them. They are very high in fat but low in calories and as long as you read the ingredients and don't accidentally get one with added sugar (like I did this weekend), they can be part of a clean eating regimen. I am going to attempt, this week, to make my own version of some of my favorites. I'll let you know how that turns out. So far, I've found that I'm not quite as talented of a chef as I hoped I could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment