Sunday, May 13, 2012

Watch My Garden Grow

Today is Mother's Day and I have already received exactly what I asked for. Yesterday morning, my husband asked what I would most want to do on Mother's Day and I said that I wanted him to buy me some soil and mulch so that I could work in the garden, undisturbed. We went out after our son's t-ball game and bought the needed items and I spent the afternoon happily planting the tray of herbs and remaining pepper plants that hadn't yet made their way into my garden.

Not my garden.
The 6-year-old and I started our seeds indoors several weeks ago. They all did well and then they all died. THEY ALL DIED. The only seeds that survived were the peas that we threw into a container outside. The rest simply did not have enough sunlight inside our house to continue growing. So, I bought some plants from Walmart but the majority from a local reseller. He is an older man who buys his plants, mostly from nearby Amish growers, then resells at very reasonable prices. I bought peppers, many herbs, marigolds, and let the 6-year-old pick out anything he wanted (he chose a coleus). I plan on going back next week for more flowers, a teacher gift, and possibly a tomato plant or two.

I started a new board on Pinterest with caring tips for all of my garden plants. If I can rely upon the advice of others, instead of believing that I know everything about everything, which I so clearly don't, perhaps I can have the best garden that my very small space will allow.

No comments:

Post a Comment