Thursday, May 24, 2012

Easy Sweet Potato Sticks

Original Recipe

My family loves sweet potatoes, so I thought this recipe would be a no-brainer. I decided this would be a more accepted recipe to my family, in light of the last fiasco that ended in virtual tears and literal plates still full of cauliflower.

Naturally, I changed things up a bit from the original recipe. First off, I found that one sweet potato was plenty for a family of four with two small children. Once I cut the sweet potato into sticks, I realized that two sweet potatoes, as the original recipe calls for, would provide a huge amount of sweet potato sticks.


I preheated the oven to 425, as the recipe stated, and seasoned with sea salt, paprika, cumin, and oregano. I felt that oregano didn't match with the rest of the herbs, but in the end it tasted okay. The one problem that I did find with this recipe is that the sticks didn't get crispy like my family likes. We still enjoyed them, but if I had used the convection feature on my oven, we would have had the preferred consistency.

Veggie burger, french cut green beans, sweet potato sticks
In the end, the recipe turned out great. It is a healthy alternative to chips or fries, and it is one that I will certainly repeat - maybe tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment