Friday, May 18, 2012

Breaking Through a Plateau

I have been struggling with the same two pounds for about three weeks now. Today is my weigh in day and I can already tell you, I am remaining even keel. This is the moment that I need to figure out how to break through the plateau and start losing again.


Currently, I am eating super healthy. I get loads of fruits and vegetables all day long, none of them fried, cooked either in olive oil or a dry skillet. I don't eat lots of dairy or sugar and all grains are whole grains. When I do eat this food, I tend to not eat too much. I do sneak the occasional Hershey's Kiss because they're there and chocolate is so good.

Exercise-wise, I'm honestly working out probably as much as I'm going to for at least the next couple of weeks. I'm not sedentary at all. I walk about four miles each day, I lift weights and I am spending loads of time outside in my garden. About twice per week, I get in a really horrendous workout along with the rest. I want to amp that up, but it's not happening until after we get back from our vacation in a couple of weeks. Then we'll wait and see.

However, my goal for the next weigh in is to have broken past this plateau and how I am going to do it is going to be startling to all 10 of you who are reading this because, I'm guessing, you managed onto this page by accident and your computer froze. I am going to NOT CHEAT ON MY DIET OVER THE WEEEKEND. Amazing, right? It's the weekend that kills me and I'm determined to make it work this time. If we go out to eat, I'm ordering water and a dry salad, hold the cheese and croutons. No beer. No ice cream. No Hershey's Kisses.

Next weigh in is next Friday. If I'm not down by at least one pound, I'll go back to the drawing board.

No comments:

Post a Comment