Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Second Birthday FAIL

I had some hiccups over the weekend with the baby's birthday party. I made about four dozen cupcakes, each one more delicious than the last. Add to that the cake balls, candy, ice cream, and mountains of food for the 40+ people who visited during the weekend, not to mention the "no time to exercise" phenomena, and I definitely had a backslide.

Yesterday, I redoubled my efforts and had a decently clean day that was low in fat and calories. I did a solid workout at the gym that left me sore and caked in sweat. I also did a weigh in at the gym and one at home - the scales sadly do not match. At all. I did learn that I can weigh in at the official kiosk for the challenge I am taking a part in, so I may do that once a week instead of weighing at home. Consistency! Yay!

Speaking of the challenge, it started today and my team is already in 4th place Not bad considering the first place team seems to be a "test" team and the second one has a person that claims to have already lost 50% of his body weight. Um, I think not. I thought I was going overboard with wearing shoes to the weigh in!

So, today I am back at it and I hope that I don't let the extreme lack of sleep from the last two days (thank you, baby!) cause me to be too exhausted to, you know, move.

No comments:

Post a Comment