Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Self Drop 10

I just very spontaneously decided to read an email I received from Self Magazine, detailing the Self Drop 10 Diet. Apparently I can start losing weight RIGHT NOW! Fantastic! I read through the entire plan and I didn't lose any weight at all, so I'm thinking it's false advertising.

Right off the bat, I'm skeptical of this diet. I was given my meal plan for the day, and apparently I'm supposed to have time to make quinoa/banana pancakes for breakfast. Self apparently is unaware that I have a toddler who has decided, once again, that sleep is over-rated. However, Self did do some research regarding my banana allergy. If I eat even a bite of a banana, my entire mouth breaks out in a painful rash, making eating any food quite uncomfortable. So, you know, weight loss! Yay!

I did decide, on a whim, to subscribe to Self Magazine. Their promotional item worked! Actually, it wouldn't have if it wasn't for my sudden frustration with Oxygen. What's that, you ask? My love affair with Oxygen Mag is over? It's not that I no longer love the magazine, it's just that I'm having some terrible experience with my subscription. Basically, I only received one magazine in the mail and the follow-ups have only come after I emailed complaints stating that I'm not getting my magazines. Either they're not sending them to me or my postal carrier is going to start looking really buff one of these days. Whichever has happened, I've asked for a refund because I don't have the time or the will to call in complaints every month about not receiving my already paid for subscription.

Self Magazine is kind of horrible but it was super, duper cheap and I do think some good things can come from reading magazines that focus on healthy living. Plus, I need something to look at while I'm on the stairclimber. I can zone out on the elliptical, but the stairclimber kills me if I'm not totally distracted while I'm climbing my 70th floor.

In other news, I just downloaded the Zombies! Run! app and I'm hoping it will be fun. I've heard it's fun and then everyone stopped talking about it so maybe it's super lame.

Yesterday I ate all clean foods except for a bite of cupcake I chewed up and then spit out. I know, gross, right? But I was only weak for a moment and then I threw the rest of the cupcakes into the trash where they belong.


No comments:

Post a Comment