Thursday, September 6, 2012

Lactation Consultant in Southern Missouri

Nothing is healthier for a baby than breast milk. Even makers of formula, who profit from mothers not nursing their children, state firmly in their ads that breast milk is best. Why, then, would someone choose not to breastfeed?

Often, the reason for this is that the nursing mother encounters obstacles and has nowhere to turn. Breastfeeding, which is one of the most natural things a woman can do, can be hard. This is why it is important to find a good lactation consultant.

In Southern Missouri, lactation consultants can be hard to find. Even harder is finding traveling lactation consultants. My sister, Jill Kremer, offers breastfeeding help to mothers in Lebanon, Springfield, and the surrounding areas. I'm plugging her services because she is my sister, of course, but also because I know, as a mom, how hard it can be to find a lactation consultant in Missouri who travels to you.

When I was a new mom, I developed a yeast infection that caused extreme burning and pain every time I tried to nurse. My son developed the same condition and we passed it back and forth to each other for a month before we visited a lactation consultant who gave us the answers we needed. I've known many more moms who have given up on breastfeeding altogether because they don't have the help or support they want and need. We all know that breastfed babies are healthier, but women who have breastfed are healthier as well. This is why it is vital to get the support you deserve. If you are in Southern Missouri, breastfeeding help is close by and will come to you. Visit Jill's web site for more information about the services she offers.

1 comment:

  1. I've been surfing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It's pretty
    worth enough for me. In my view, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you
    did, the internet will be much more useful than ever before.
    Stop by my page - vitamins in the body and their function

    ReplyDelete