Thursday, October 25, 2012

No More Gluten

I am re-opening this blog again after a long absence. Yes, I've said it before. This time I really mean it. For real.

Actually, I have a really good reason to start blogging about my dietary habits again. I am now, under doctor's orders, on a strict sugar-free, gluten-free diet. Gluten-free is the latest fad in cure-all diet changes. It's the low-carb lifestyle of the 2010's. However, when the doctor says I will feel better, live longer, and be generally healthier, I have to listen. She said to go completely gluten-free for two weeks, starting yesterday, then assess how I feel. If I feel no discernible difference, we can assume I can have a "low gluten" diet. If I feel a true difference, then I go gluten-free forever.

Luckily, it won't be that difficult to go gluten-free. It is the current trend after all. Gluten free food is everywhere and many of my friends already have adopted the lifestyle. Sticking with it is the hard part, I presume, but since I can no longer have sugar, most of the glutenny yummies are off limits anyway.

Thus, the blog is back. New recipes will be posted here as well as my new journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment