Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Insanity, Week One

I completed my first week of Insanity! Sort of. Five days after I started Insanity I also started on a 50 percent larger increase of levothyroxine sodium for the Hashimoto's Disease. The last few months have been all about me changing my diet and starting these drugs in order to manage the disease. I found that after going gluten and sugar free for four months, as well as taking daily dosages, my TSH levels nearly doubled and T4 levels dropped off the chart. With the increased dosage, I also experienced brand new, super fun side effects of feeling like I was swimming constantly for about three days. The feeling subsided and I'm growing ever more used to the drug, which means I was able to start Insanity up again.

That said, I did have some good experiences with my first week. I feel stronger - not on the inside. I actually can feel my arms and feel the muscle. Stronger. Also, I've already lost two pounds. Not too shab.

No comments:

Post a Comment